What is LIFE CITYADAP3?
The Environment and Climate Action Program (LIFE) is the financial instrument of the European Union dedicated to the environment. Its overall objective is based on catalyzing changes in the development and implementation of policies by providing solutions and best practices to achieve environmental and climate objectives, as well as by promoting innovative technologies in the field of environment and climate change. .
In turn, it has subprograms, and these with priority areas: Environment or Climate Action.
CityAdap3 will create public-private mechanisms to finance urban adaptation measures through the participation of local industries and companies from 4 municipalities (Spain and Italy), validating collaboration schemes that can be transferable and replicable at the European level.
- Involve the EU private sector in financing urban adaptation through public-private cooperation plans and the integration of climate goals into corporate social responsibility plans.
- Improve the Covenant of Mayors through the application of the SECAP.
The main goal of this course is to communicate the advantages of implementing CSR strategies to companies.
The specific goals are summarized down below:
- Provide companies with theorical and technical knowledges to apply CSR policies.
- Teach basic knowledges about the most suitable skills for implementing CSR strategies (diagnosis, management and accountability) to different types of companies.
- Show companies how to develop and monitor their environmental commitments.
- Lead companies on how to adopt measures for climate change adaptation.
- Show companies how public-private collaboration agreements for adoprting local measures of climate change adaptation entail benefits for citizens, their employees and companies.
- Make companies aware of the perception of CSR communication.
All companies who are willing to enhance their knowledges, and whose managers want to acquire professional skills on CSR, and specifically, about investing in climate change adaptation.
Agreements with companies
Currently there are already 17 companies that have signed an agreement with this project to invest in the works to adapt the participating municipalities to climate change.